Road to Readiness Resources Now Available for All Fort Worth Families!
- August 07, 2020
On August 1st, The Best Place for Kids and Read Fort Worth hosted Road to Readiness Drive-Up Carnivals in 6 locations across Fort Worth serving 4,000 local families and students. Along with music and live entertainment (as well as an appearance by Mayor Betsy Price!), the carnivals featured 4 different tents of resources and giveaways for families, which are now available to all Fort Worth families through the Best Place for Kids website!
These resources include:
- Tent #1: School Technology Support – Fort Worth families can sign up for a FREE one-on-one Tech Help Desk call to navigate virtual learning questions and device issues throughout the school year.
- Tent #2: Road to Readiness Milestone Maps & Resources – Parents with children entering Pre-K through 3rd grade can access the Top 10 readiness maps for their grade, along with a list of at-home activities and links to online games related to those key skills to get ready for school!
- Tent #3: Community Partner Resources and the FIND! Child Care Tool – Local mental health, neighborhood medical clinics, and other health services for children and families have been compiled into an easy one-page reference guide. AND – families can find available, quality child care spots open across Tarrant County (currently there are over 10,300 open seats for kids 0-12 years old).
- Tent #4: Food & Fun – By signing up for Best Place for Kids FREE texts, parents can get updates on local FREE services, resources, and events happening in their neighborhood targeted to their children’s ages. (To sign up, text BestPlace4Kids to “274448″.)
August 1st Road to Readiness Drive-Up Carnivals – Impact Snapshot:
- 150+ joyful, hardworking volunteers
- 6 Road to Readiness Carnival Locations across Fort Worth
- 4,000 children & families served
- 15+ Community Partners: ACH, AVANCE, Catholic Charities, Cook Children’s, Como Lion’s Club, the City of Fort Worth Fire Department, the City of Fort Worth Police Department, The Concilio, Fort Worth Citizen’s Fire Academy, Fortress Youth Development Center, Girl Scouts, Goodwill of Fort Worth, NewDay Services, The Parenting Center, and United Community Centers
- In-Kind Billboard PSA’s thanks to Clear Channel Outdoor
- Financial donation support from the Fort Worth Association of Professional Landmen
- 9+ organizations that helped recruit volunteers: The Fort Worth Chamber, United Community Centers, Junior Women’s Club of Fort Worth, SteerFW, Bell, Gateway Church, the Mission Continues — along with Read Fort Worth and Best Place for Kids!